Xtra Time Web Desk: KKR batter Ramandeep Singh has raised his voice against the IPL mega-auction after their loss to Mumbai Indians on Monday. He has been found visibly unhappy with the process mentioning that after winning the championship last year, they had to change their entire team due to the mega-auction.

According to rules, only a few players to be retained every three years. In last year's mega auction, KKR retained 6 players (4 capped and 2 uncapped) and had to rebuild the rest of the team after winning the championship. 

Read More:

BCCI postpones central contracts, England tour preparations meeting to later date

While speaking at the post-match presentation ceremony Ramandeep said, "Mega auctions are disheartening. You set a combination, and then every three years you have to change the team. But that is not an excuse; teams will try and find their winning combinations as quickly as possible, and we are trying to find our winning combination as well."

On the other side, KKR captain Ajinkya Rahane spoke about the same and said that the team needed partnerships to stay in the game. 

Read More:

IPL 2025: The road to 23 wins: Rohit Sharma reveals Team India’s ICC blueprint

"Collective batting failure. It was a good wicket to bat on, as I mentioned in the toss. 180-190 would have been good on this wicket. It has a very good bounce. Sometimes you have to use the pace and bounce. We got to learn really fast from this game."

The team will now travel home, where they will take on Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 3. They will try to make a way to comeback hence all eyes will be at Eden how the game turns out!