XtraTime Web Desk: India will play the final of the Hero Intercontinental Cup on Sunday at Mumbai Football Arena against Kenya.
Here we will discuss three advantages and disadvantages of the home team.
- Recent Performances: India played very well as they climbed up to the 97 th spot in the FIFA ranking. India won two out of three matches in the ongoing Intercontinemtal Cup. They beat Chainese Taipei 5-0 and Kenya 3-0 but they were beaten by New Zealand 1-2 before the final.
- Home fans: After the first match skipper Sunil Chhetri plead to the Indian football fans to come and watch the match. Indian fans came in numbers after that. It’s expected that it will be a full house crowd in the finals. The blue pilgrims also organised live screening in some cities like Kolkata.
- In form strikers: Captain Sunil Chhatri and Jeje is in a great form as the hosts scored 9 goals in three games. Sunil can even touch great Lionel Messi by scoring three goals. Messi scored 64 where Sunil already got 61 goals.
- Complesency: India is in good form and thay will play in front of the home crowd. In the group league they had alreday beaten Kenya 3-0. Now, if they get complisent ahead of the final knowing that they have already beaten Kenya that could be a blunder for the home side.
- Weak reserve bench: India rested seven players from their first eleven but, lost the match against New Zealand. The Kiwies were the dominating side as India just managed to shot one on target. They lost balls in the midfield.
- Weather condition: Weather condition can be a big worry for both the sides. Heavy downpour can cause a big worry for India as well. We have seen it in the match where the men in blue faced Kenya earlier. India struggled in the first half but came back strongly in the second half as they scored three.