XtraTime Web Desk: India will face New Zealand before going to the Finals in the Hero Intercontinental Cup at the Mumbai football arena. Here are the four reasons why you must watch the game:
- Keep the balls rolling: Not only the strikers but also the midfielders and defenders are playing a very good football and that is what led them to two consecutive victories in the Intercontinental Cup. Men in blue scored eight goals in two matches due to some brilliant assist from the back. Kenya played well in the first half but, Indian defenders denied them from scoring.
- Jeje’s 50: Jeje will play his 50 th International match against New Zealand tomorrow. Jeje also is in good form in this tournament as he scored a goal against Kenya and will surely look to score again.
- Sunil’s performance: Sunil is in great form in the Intercontinental Cup. He scored five goals so far in just two matches. He scored a hat-trick against Chinese Taipei and scored two against Kenya in his 100 th International match.
- A hard contender to beat: New Zealand is a good competitor as they already played in the FIFA World Cup 2010. They have a vast experience of World football. They drew against Slovakia, Italy, and Paraguay in the South Africa World Cup.
- Important match before the final: Indian coach Stephen Constantine will be happy looking at the performance of his boys but, it would be a very important match for the hosts before the finals. Men in blue can test their bench strength as they will compete against the big giants of Asia in the upcoming AFC Asia Cup next year.